Education and Sports together have the power to change the lives of children. Since 2010, Mumbai Indians has been supporting ESA - Education and Sports for All. Through this initiative, Reliance Foundation has impacted the lives of over 18 million children. The initiative provides quality education and sporting opportunities to children across India.
EFA evolved to Education and Sports for All (ESA) in 2018. ESA
is one of the key initiatives of Reliance Foundation, combining
its focus areas of education and sports for development
impacting lives of over 13 million children. The ESA initiative
seeks to provide holistic development through a focus on
education & sports and to enhance the quality of the sporting
ecosystem by providing facilities, training, infrastructure, and
equipment across multiple sporting properties through the year.
Mumbai Indians through ESA supports education and encourages
sports amongst underprivileged and specially-abled children.
Reliance Foundation Youth Sports through ESA is improving sports
infrastructure, empowering coaches, providing equipment, and
offers grants to worthy performers
Reliance Foundation Young Champs through ESA, provides full-time
residential football scholarships, focusing on education,
training, development, and international exposure.
Reliance Foundation Jr NBA through ESA, aids school-based
basketball programmes all over India, with a special focus on
empowering coaches and providing quality equipment.
- Aarambh - works with families of migrant workers residing in Navi Mumbai. They work for marginalized communities in areas of education, health and skills development. They ensure the children from the migrant families get enrolled in school and receive quality education.
- Adarsh English School- Adarsh English school believes in children have the right to be respected, accepted and embraced as having capable minds. They are committed to academic excellence for all students and achieve this by building a foundation for lifelong learning in a safe nurturing environment.
- Angel Xpress - works to transform the lives of underprivileged children through regular access to educated adults. They provide a platform for adults to fill the education needs of children who can grow up to make responsible choices.
- Arpan- Arpan works from a rights-based approach, believing that every child has the right to be safe. With 16 years of proven impact on the field, Arpan has trained >2.5 million children and adults in personal safety through its multi-program approach of Personal Safety Education, Training & Advocacy and Digital Learning.
- Aseema - works towards providing high quality and value based education to the children from marginalized communities. Over the past 17 years, the NGO has worked extensively with children living in slum communities in Mumbai and remote tribal communities in Igatpuri.
- CRY – Child Rights and You is working for underprivileged children. It has been working towards creating happier and healthier childhoods for more than four decades and is committed to doing everything it can to ensure the rights of India’s children – right to education, safety & protection, health & nutrition and participation.
- Door Step School - provides education and support to the often-forgotten children of pavement dwellers, slum dwellers, construction site families and many other underprivileged families. They are trying to bridge this gap by bringing education to the “Door Step” of these underprivileged children
- EmpowHER- With 30 years of grassroots-level philanthropic work, empowHER India believes in empowering women to create an equitable society. EmpowHER India works with village communities at a grassroots level to improve infrastructure and promote gender parity so that girls can participate equally in the community's prosperity.
- Humana People to People India – works to unite with people in India in order to create development in the broadest sense through transferring knowledge, skills and capacity to individuals and communities who need assistance to come out of poverty and other dehumanizing conditions.
- Jai Vakeel Foundation - works with the intellectually disabled, providing a holistic approach to the management of individuals with Intellectual Disability. It caters to individuals across age groups and varying levels of intellectual and other associated disabilities such as autism, epilepsy, cerebral palsy and visual or hearing impairment.
- Magic Bus - works towards holistic development of children from marginalised communities in India using sports as a tool to bring development. Their sports activity based program builds knowledge, skill, positive attitude and confidence in the children.
- Meljol - uses the tools of social and financial education to provide children with necessary opportunities to contribute responsibly to the society. Meljol reaches out to underprivileged children in municipal schools, zilla parishad schools and tribal schools across the country.
- Mumbai Mobile Crèches - works with the children at the construction sites in Mumbai enabling them to have a safe, happy and healthy childhood. They provide the children with quality education, nutritious meals and a foundation to build up a bright future.
- Muktangan- provides underprivileged children an inclusive, student-friendly, community based model of education within the mainstream system.
- OSCAR Foundation - through football instils the value of education and empower underprivileged children and youth with life skills to take responsibility of their community development. OSCAR runs a unique programme that not only teaches sport to children and youth but also helps them to understand the value of education
- Pragati Holistic Development Trust - works with hospitalized and underprivileged children suffering from terminal illnesses, alongside collaborating with community and hospitals to provide support and care for children. We strategies our actions in creating a safe space for kids through our work.
- Pratham - Pratham is an innovative learning organisation created to improve quality of education and focuses on high quality, low cost, and replicable interventions to address the gap in education system.
- Prerana- Prerana has been working closely with child protection issues to secure the rights of the most vulnerable children, create inclusive choices for them, and ensure that they lead dignified lives.
- Robinhood Army – The Robin Hood Army is a volunteer based, zero-funds organization that works to get surplus food from restaurants and the community to serve less fortunate people. The Robin Hood Academy, is a special wing to bridge the gap between the streets and the schools, by giving children the tools and knowledge to go to school full-time.
- Room to Read – Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, Room to Read is creating a world free from illiteracy and gender inequality. They are achieving this goal by helping children in historically low-income communities develop literacy skills and a habit of reading, and by supporting girls as they build skills to succeed in school and negotiate key life decisions.
- Sakhi for Girls Education - Sakhi’s mission is to create quality learning spaces at the community level, so that every girl in the slums of Mumbai get an opportunity to continue her education with confidence. Sakhi is building basic educational capacities for other slum girls through a community-based after-school programme
- Saksham Trust – Saksham’s aim is to contribute to society in a manner which can transform the future generations enriched with honesty and sound knowledge, saturated with love and faith. Saksham believes in empowerment as a women’s ability to understand, articulate, and seek solutions for one’s own problems.
- Saksharta- Saksharta is inclined towards bettering lives of the underprivileged community through meaningful literacy. They believe that literacy is more than just reading and writing. It is the skill that shapes minds, enables effective communication and builds confidence.
- Seva Sahayog – Seva Sahayog Foundation aims at engaging socially conscious groups and individuals, with NGOs of matching interest with a purpose to collectively add value to the society at large. Their focus areas include education and livelihood. They aspire to make women from slums financially independent by building on their capacity to earn livelihood for their family. Alongside they provide vocational education programs to make youths employable.
- Shiksha Foundation – Shiksha Foundation is charitable trust founded in 2006 to nurture underprivileged children and their education. Their aim is to uplift underprivileged children with their basic education, provide low-cost nutrition and healthy food, and address issues on adolescence’s girls’ school attendance during their menstrual days.
- Shishu Vikas School- Shishu Vikas aims to expand educational opportunities for students by bringing underprivileged children back into school and providing varied access to educational assistance and guidance.
- Spark A Change - provides an after-school programme aimed at bridging learning gaps among school going children from low-income communities. It is their endeavour to provide a solid educational foundation through academic and non-academic activities that foster self-esteem, confidence, and love for learning enabling the child perform better and with more understanding at school.
- Tarun Mitra Mandal – provides helping hand to spread education and excellence through numerous fields of social activism to mitigate hardships of the underprivileged and enhance the scope of knowledge of individuals.
- Teach for India- Teach For India is a not-for-profit organisation founded for educational equity. They believe that all children must attain an excellent education. These include both Fellows, who commit two years to teaching low-income & under-resourced classrooms, as well as Staff teams, who bolster these efforts through strategic support & organizational direction.
- Ummeed - works towards maximizing the potential of the children born with developmental disabilities or at high risk for disabilities to enable their inclusion in the main stream of the society. The NGO develops and uses best practices to support these children and their families to help them grow, learn and live their life to the fullest.
- Vacha- Vacha Charitable Trust is a non-profit organization based in Mumbai. It is dedicated to improving the lives of underprivileged communities by providing Education, Healthcare, and gender training. Vacha believes that empowered girls and sensitised boys have a better chance of developing into adults who value equality and become productive citizens.
- Vatsalya Foundation- Vatsalya Foundation visualises a world, which provides every child an enabling environment to develop to their full potential as an individual, without any discrimination and ensuring their basic rights. They believe that every child is born with an inherent capacity to grow, and develop as responsible individuals in mainstream Society. Their mission is to see that their potential is tapped and channelized to the optimum extent.
- Vidya – Vidya is a non-profit NGO working for over 35 years. They’ve impacted the lives of 4, 00,000 people, more than half of which include girls and women. They began with teaching a class of five girls on the campus of IIT Delhi. Now, they have 78 projects across Delhi, Gurugram, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune and Goa.
- Vipla Foundation- Vipla Foundation is built on a spirit to ensure that nothing stops the children of India from learning, growing and flourishing. This has translated into impacting countless lives of children from vulnerable communities across India. They enable every opportunity that can help children and children with disabilities build dignified and self-reliant lives.
- Yuva- Youth for Unity and Voluntary Action (YUVA) is a non-profit working with the marginalised to empower them and help them access their rights. YUVA’s on-ground interventions are complemented with advocacy efforts and policy recommendations.
- 321 Foundation - 321 Education Foundation aims to ensure that children from marginalised backgrounds attain the foundational literacy & numeracy (FLN) skills critical for succeeding in the future. We strengthen the capacity of all stakeholders working in a child's school to attain this goal.